Friday, December 17, 2010

It beginning to look a lot like Christmas

As I write the dreaded white stuff is piling up outside my door and making mayhem of the local roadways. Blogger won't let me share photos today, so you will have to take my word for it instead :(. My plans were to finish my Christmas shopping tonight, however I will wait and take my chances next week in the floods that are expected instead.

I still have all my Christmas baking, candy making, and general kitchen mess to do so it will happen this weekend instead. Can already smell that peanut brittle and fudge can't you? Hoping to get a few dozen rolls in the freezer too if I get time.

Mostly have the presents wrapped except for those last minute items currently showing in transit tracking numbers but still have stocking shopping left to do. Think I will go the Dollar Store route this year for something a bit easier on the pocket book.

We have a new housemate for a indefinite period of time as Prince's daughter has moved in with us. Not exactly what I had in mind, but what's a girl to do? Will muddle through one way or another.

The new baby Princess is growing like a weed, already up to 10.5lb and had her first shots with Mom shedding more tears than baby. She LOVES the lights and all the sparkle at Grammy's house so that helps a bit with the lacking Christmas spirit here for sure. Prince and his new wife are flying in next week, which will be a surprise for Princess as she was told they couldn't afford to fly this year. Rotten liars we are, but it will make our Christmas a bit more special.

In case I get lost in a drift, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. May you be surrounded by love, peace, warmth, and safety wherever you are this season!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hi Lisa! I was just popping in to say hi and see you haven't posted in a while. I hope all is well, and I hope you had a MOST wonderful Christmas! We are anxiously awaiting spring here in New England. It was a long, cold winter! Take care,

Donna