Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas continues

Well, now Prince Charming has decided to wait until Thursday to begin his journey home, which is appears will be smack dab in the middle of our largest storm predictions. How is it men suddenly think they are immune to weather and roads? Or is it I made the mistake of telling him under no circumstances should he attempt the trip on Thursday, so he wants to do it to prove he can? GGRRR!!!
Oh well, I was able to get two batches of fudge made last night. One plain ol' chocolate, and a vanilla with cashews. Why must I experiment with new things in the midst of chaos? The damn vanilla one suddenly seized up with stirring and now is a large crumbly mass of white goop with a generous dose of cashews in it. Oh well, maybe some poor fool will eat it any way. Now I only have 2 batches of peanut brittle, 3 batches of coconut brittle, buckeyes, and sugar cookies to make. Oh, and I got a wild hair to make gingerbread houses from sugar cubes instead of cookies this time. What kind of idiot am I you ask? Well, no logical explaination I'm afraid...
Then there is the fact that my office appears as though World War Three has arrived. Work files piled everywhere, unwrapped gifts tetering on the edge of a major land slide, tree still looking forlorn in the corner....
Oh well, I guess it will get done or it won't. Only time will tell.

No comments: