Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Life worries never end

It seems my dear Princess can't catch a break these days. Yesterday she awoke with terrible abdominal pain, that resolved somewhat but worsened at work. She came home around 3 seeking mom's advice. Sent her off to the urgent care her new insurance uses. Ya, no help. No equipment for a pelvic exam, can't refer to get an ultra sound, blah, blah, blah. Sent her to the ER which took until midnight with eventual diagnosis of large ovarian cyst. Wouldn't refer her to a doc, instead insist she get it from her primary (whom her new insurance will not allow her to see) for a referral to gyn. Days like these make me seriously wonder how I ever thought the medical field was so much fun.



My foot is still a mess, changes areas of black/blue/green every day. Trying to wean out of the boot, but it kills me if I do much. Guess I'm not superwoman anymore and isn't going to heal as fast as I expected.



Work is so darn busy I can't see any light at the end of this tunnel. I can barely see over the paper stacks at this point to even know where to begin. Oh well, job security for now.



Luckily the weather is a tad bit cooler this week, although I seriously do not enjoy the thought of winter. See, rarely do we get the luxury of fall here. Rather one day it is 95, the next it is freezing or snowing etc. I hate the cold, I hate the snow, give me heat any day! Sad part is I am just now getting 4 bloom buds on my angel trumpet and am holding my breath that it will just cut some slack long enough to see one open. My plumaria is looking pretty hopeless. I have leaves on the twigs now, but am not seeing any signs of blooms yet. The tomatoes are barely starting to turn, although we have had some seriously good cherry ones, and a small variety of yellow that are sweet as sugar. I managed to hoard enough for a large batch of salsa for the Prince Charming, but no where near where I was last year with several quarts canned and ready.



I have managed to get a few jars of apple butter, plum jam, peach jam, and rhubarb canned. I really need to do more, but no time or ambition at this point to do it. Pretty sad. Haven't been able to bring myself to even put away the piles of wedding stuff that are still smack in the middle of my living room and office. It just makes me too sad and mad to touch it right now. Still awaiting the final shipments too which will only make it worse. Tried to offer some of the pumpkins to the Princess for her house for Halloween. I was officially told NOTHING related to the wedding was coming anywhere near her or her house. Well, so much for that brilliant idea, better find some storage tubs to get it out of our sight then. If only she would finish moving the rest of her lifelong collection of "stuff" out of my house to hers I might have room to put some of it. Just don't have the heart to push her right now, and now she doesn't feel good which equals one VERY cranky 18 year old for sure.


Now she is calling wanting to know if she has to have a springform pan to make a cheescake. OMG! To be young again, wait, never mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa I always get a chuckle out of your post because you don't mince words and tell it like it is. :) Yeh, I think DWTS seems a bit odd this season ....seems like a slow start even though they started right out of the gate. Will be interesting to see who goes home tonight...Kim or Cloris???

JoAnne said...

Lisa,

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. It touched my heart. I think of your dear daughter often and hope she is doing well. I am sorry to hear your foot isn't healing as quickly as you'd like. It would be nice if we could get together while you put your foot up and shared a cup of coffee (and maybe some chocolate cake!) Take care, JoAnne