Thursday, November 20, 2008



I have been so busy with work there is little time to sit and write. We are rapidly approaching Thanksgiving which means a trip to Utah to see the MIL. While I love to visit there, the preparation leading up to it, the long drive, and the need for a rather short stay tend to make me a bit frazzled. She is no longer able to assist with the preparations for such events, so I get to haul all the fixins out to do it for her. I don't mind, but it does take some serious planning to be sure we don't forget anything. 100 miles to the nearest grocery store means you either take it or live without it for sure.

Making plans for the usual this year: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole and of course the dreaded pies. The guest list has managed to shrink dramatically as SIL is going away with her brood so there will likely only be 8-10 for the dinner this time. I have already been warned there better be left over pie upon their return so still plans to make quite a few. Must remember whipped cream, forgot it one year and I was miserable. Selfish me likes LOTS of it on my pumpkin pie.

What are your dinner plans for this year? Any great dishes you can share or traditions you have?

6 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Lisa, I'm staying home and having my kids over. I do all the cooking so it's a busy weekend and week for me. Have a great holiday and try to relax. I can't imagine living 100 miles from a grocery store....we take so much for granted don't we? Happy holidays!!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

God Bless You Lisa hauling all that food!! I wouldn't even know where to start. We're going up to our cottage and having Thanksgiving with my parents. They live 3 miles from our cottage so we're all together, but not sleeping in the same house.

Blessings,

Sher

Judy said...

Hi Lisa, come visit me!!! My Anna has some good news for you.

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Well God bless you. . . hauling all that food for a Thanksgiving dinner. I wouldn't even know where to begin to do that.

Blessings,

Sher

Judy said...

Hi Lisa, don't forget to email your address!!

CatHerder said...

We stay home, and put the tree and holiday decorations up while watching the parade and the football games.....half ashamed to admit, usually in our pajamas. Hubby is a grocer, and he works up until the holiday long hours, and the day after early...he works 6 days during the year sometimes 7 during the holidays. So Thanksgiving and Christmas are all about us just kicking back and relaxing.....no crazy expectations! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!