Friday, December 11, 2009

Frugal ideas

Am I the last to know about this site? If you are looking for some frugal, practical ideas head over and have a look. I've been lost for hours already!

We are currently having more snow, on top of our previously unmelted piles, fridgid temps etc. I hope to have the holiday spirit take hold and let me get started on holiday decorating. I seem to be the only one in blog land who hasn't done a darn thing yet.

It has been a rough few weeks around the Gazing Ball for sure. My sweet daughter is now in the midst of filing for a divorce, I have been sick with some sort of head cold nonsense, and now it appears I will be lucky to be employed through the month. When it rains it pours I am afraid, or rather its a blizzard of bad luck.

I keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing my best just to get through each day as it comes. Each day I hope the next will be better, but so far that isn't working out so well either. I know I have a terrific family, friends, and cozy cats that do help make things brighter.

So, if my posts are limited I apologize but I don't want to bring down the joyful season for everyone else. Have a wonderful, safe weekend!

4 comments:

Menopausal New Mom said...

You certainly have a full plate. I hope that unpacking your decorations will lift your spirits and give you something pretty to look at. I hear you on the head cold, my 3 1/2 year old started her first pre-school in September and is now on her third cold. Of course hubby and I are getting them too. And trust your sweet daughter to know that she is making the best decision for her future. Nothing worse than getting in to your 70 or 80's and wishing you hadn't wasted your life with the wrong partner. As for the job, I hope that as one door closes, another and better door opens for you. Chin up and no you are not bringing us down at all. There is an entire community of bloggers out here who care and share the good and bad with each other no matter what time of year it is. Have the best weekend!

CatHerder said...

Thanks for the website...i will check it out....Hope things get better for you in the new year..i think things seem 10x worse during the holiday season, its just so stressful...lets hope 2010 is better for ALL of us..Happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm so sorry to hear about all the problems you are having...isn't very ho,ho,ho-ish.
Thanks for the garden pictures. We have a lot of snow up here around the Sierras. Really bad road maintenance; the whole thing is getting old. Oh well, at least the wind seems to be hibernating! And it's fun feeding the quail, finches, etc!
Suz in Dayton

Gina said...

I'm sorry things haven't been great for you lately. Here's hoping that the new years brings happiness.