Thursday, September 20, 2007




I thought I would share a couple pictures of our new family addition, "TLC" (Three legged cat!). He is kind of like trying to photograph a hurricane but I did manage to get a few. He is really very cute, although I'm not certain if my furniture or curtains will survive his antics. He is slowly learning his place in the animal kingdom here, but most often seems to just get his way.

My daughter got her official driver's license yesterday. I knew she would do just fine if her nerves didn't get the best of her. Poor kid had to retake the written test again as her permit had expired, but the DMV had given us the first available and assured me it would not be a problem due to their tight schedule. Wrong! She took the written without even studying and did the drivers test with flying colors. All total we were only there for less than an hour and a half! The biggest drama is she is unhappy with her picture! Such pity I had for her. My best photo on the license has never looked as good as her alleged "bad" one. So, she has had 3 solo drives so far and slowly getting used to it. Unfortunately the traffic is out of control in our area due to road construction etc. so at least she can't go fast since everything is going at a crawl. She drove in the dark and rain last night that was a bit freaked out about, but did just fine. One of her friends was in a terrible roll over accident during school (closed campus no less and he was off campus). The driver swerved to avoid a collision, hit the curb, and rolled his car. He was ok, but the passenger was not wearing his seat belt and is now in ICU and rumors are he is not doing well. We had the same talk again of using care, staying at school, etc. etc. I reminded her this is exactly why I am on pins and needles every time she leaves my sight. I feel so badly for the driver of the car and his passenger. I'm hoping it all turns out well, but you never know.

Life is just too short for wasting time with petty crap. Hug your kids, pets, family, whatever you have and remind them just how much they mean to you. You just never know which second may be the last. I've had too many occasions of this happening in the recent past, and regret every time I just didn't take that extra second to tell them I really do care. Go do it right now!

No comments: