Friday, May 8, 2009

Let the party begin!




So, at long last we get back to business for the professional photos. None of us can seem to pay attention at the same time for a photo.





Me, Princess, and Prince Charming-see what's up with his looks today?




Mr. and Mrs. Princess





Again with the wacky looks







This one you can just barely see the gold locket that is dangling with the ribbon. It was a locket my Mom had with photos of herself and my father when they were in high school.











OK, enough drama, let's have some fun!


We had to do things very much out of order due to the time constraints of the photographer. We ended up just going with it and it turned out fine in the end. Frankly, at this point I was so exhausted and relieved that I do not have a clue what order things really happened, so you'll just get it in this order. HA!



The couple's first dance was very nice, although I still have no clue what the darn song was. They liked it so that's all that mattered. In this one you will see the confetti is stuck in their hair. We did the confetti toss during their first dance, since they didn't really "leave" and after the experiment we found the darn confetti doesn't really toss. More like drops like a rock. Yeah, the ecofriendly confetti made of corn, not for tossing folks. We ended up ganging up on them and dumping the little bundles on their heads! On a positive note, it rained the next morning and the confetti disappeared-NO CONFETTI CLEANUP! But if you want a confetti toss, it doesn't fly so don't say I didn't warn ya.


















I think they are in love.....















Next came the Father/Daughter dance. Now, without going into all the massive drama, I will just say that Prince Charming is technically her stepfather. Her real father was deliberately not invited or included in this happy day by Princess's choice. Instead she chose Prince Charming to walk her down the aisle, give her away, and dance the special dance. He has been a MAJOR influence in her life since she was 5 years old and was very honored and touched to be given this luxury. They both got a bit choked up a few times while dancing to "You are gonna miss this" by Trace Adkins. Cowboy music ya know? If you haven't heard this song and you have kids, you simply must. Trust me.












This was one of those moments when they just had to stop and have a bit of a hug. She was crying, he was crying........still makes me cry. A major milestone here folks, you really have to know the whole story, but this is major.........




Yes I have photos where they really do appear to be dancing, but these are so much more reflective of the moment.



Then came the dance I got to share with Mr. Princess. I was so touched when he chose the song and didn't tell me what it was. We danced to "I told you so" with Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis. Weird huh? Well, from the first time he and Princess had a minor misunderstanding, or she did one of her many wacky things she always does, he would give me this look and say, "What the heck did I fall in love with her for, and what am I going to do with her?" My response has always been, "I told you so!" which is literally the truth. When they first became serious I told him she was a hand full and he would wonder again and again what in the world he is doing with this wild child. See, he is very serious, methodical, deeply emotional, loves to make everyone happy. Princess, is classic ADD/ADHD, wild, reckless, emotional roller coaster, quick tempered, impulsive, loyal, and fierce. True opposites indeed. So, our dance song was simply perfect!







I should also note that the second prior to this dance, my Prince came running to whisper, "Hey Mom, better speed this up, our cake is sliding before my eyes!" YIKES!



Next, came the mother/daughter dance. May not happen in other circles, but that's the way we roll around here. Now, since Princess does really have ADD and daily does some seriously crazy things, a real Mom has to find a way to cope. Sorry but true. So, many years ago they came out with these silly shirts that say" they say I have ADD, OH LOOK a chicken...." The first time I saw that I laughed for three days. From then on, every time she said or did some bizarre thing, Prince Charming, myself, and a few select friends who knew would simply say "Oh look a chicken" and laugh. Now, she had no idea why, and given the ADD would quickly forget. Over time we let Prince in on it (even though he too has ADD), so the chicken legion grew. About a year ago, she finally was in a calmer moment, but still did some typical weirdness and the chicken jokes started. She by now was old enough, or I had had enough to drink I decided to tell her what the heck we were talking about all these years. She was mad for about two seconds, then over time would do it herself whenever she would just lose it. So again, she told me we had to dance, but didn't tell me what. Can you guess?






Meet my wacky family and the CHICKEN DANCE!


Yes, I have just shown a picture of myself looking like a total idiot. Thanks.







If you have never had the pleasure of a chicken dance, lets just say it is REALLY hard with just three people.








That's much better. I should also tell you I am doing this in bare feet cause I hate shoes! Splinters galore, but it was worth it!





OK, so now we have to cut the sliding cake or risk a major collapse like the night before. So here we go.






Here are those initials Prince painted for me. Guess what Princess's initials are now?




ADD!!!!!!!!!! Charma baby, pure charma!

See Prince in the background laughing? He knows what is coming. Mr. Princess, you won't believe what you are in for...




Oh, look she is going to be nice....












NOT!

She even tried to make up and lick it off, he wasn't having any part of it though!








Isn't that sweet, they kissed and made up already?



Now, run Mom!


Off to put the cake back in the freezer.....good grief!



Meanwhile enjoy the Prince and Princess, I'll be right back.
For 15 years you could let these two get closer than 3 feet away from each other without blood involved. Wow, my kids clean up purdy good don't they? And guess what, they didn't even fight and don't tell them but I think they might even be friends. Shh, it will be our secret OK?
Good thing she didn't hear him whisper to Mr. Princess that if he doesn't take damn good care of her and treat her right he WILL be sorry...and trust me, this guy isn't kidding around!


OK, I'm back. The cake is safe for now!


Now, let's see the bouquet toss. Since it was a very small gathering, the potential catchers were limited.






See my friend Lisa back there in the far left? She was MADE to participate, but notice how she didn't move a muscle. Smart chick isn't she?



Yes, Heather caught it! Best friends!





Now for the garter.





Peek-a-boo!



Wait, check out my shoes Mr. Princess!




So, this toss again had a limited choice of participants. Of course Prince, Heather's boyfriend, and ironically Jenny who is Mr. Princess's mom to be in October were in on the act. Now, anyone who knows my son will tell you no one stood a chance in this, not even for a second. I think we even warned Jenny, but she said she would win cause she's a tough chick. Really she is, but we all knew what was going to happen.



On your marks, get set, GO!


Told you Jenny didn't stand a chance. I think she believed he would be nice since she's a girl and all. Nope, not Prince, this is serious business.


The champion!!!!

Should I tell you now his wedding is set for July 2010 and guess who is doing the darn flowers? No rest for the wicked!

















Here is one of the pro pix, your classic ring shot.









I'll just cut to the chase. This was the toast speech by the groomsman. He had us all in tears with funny stories of he and Mr. Princess in high school and his joy of seeing the couple together at last.




I don't think toast meant chug it Princess......teehee




After much eating, and drinking, and more drinking


we broke out the presents.



They were given terrific gifts for their new home, and so much cash I was humbled. The cash was so needed by this new couple and had them both in shock.








After the gifts, they snuck off for some quiet time, and Prince Charming and I got to sneak a dance of our own.



Notice the clothes are MUCH more my style by this time!






We eventually fired up the fire pit and got to sit, relax, and chat. I had bought some glow in the dark bracelets the kids liked. Since many of the guests had left by now, our poor caged herd got to roam free, which of course meant Calloway got outside as usual and wanted to be in the fun.





So Mr. Princess decorated her with necklaces too!




And here is what she really looked like.....


















The alter looked lovely after dark, and the couple relit the candle one last time before the night was over.











The last dance of the happy day!







OK, off to home for the happy couple. Lucky for them they live across the street from Mom!
(just pretend it's still dark and humor me OK?)


Wait, first they had to pose in front of Prince's new car. Both of them are glad he has the payments for this baby and not them.




OK, this is Mr. and Mrs. Princess's truck.
See, they still can't get a picture looking the same direction!






OK, come on Mr. Princess, take your bride home!





Home sweet home at last! Trust me, we don't want to see what happened next.....



Next time, we will get a peek at the honeymoon, well at least the sight seeing portion of the trip!


















1 comment:

Gina said...

The arch looked even more gorgeous at night. And "You're Gonna Miss This" makes me cry every time.